Pura Vida offers intramuscular injections of B12 (methylcobalamin), B6 (pyridoxine) and Glutathione.
When vitamins are delivered via injection, the absorption rate goes up significantly. For example, research shows that 90% of vitamin B12 is absorbed via injection, versus only 1.2% of oral B12 because so much is lost during digestion.
Nicola St. Mary, ND, and Rikki Gensheer, LAc, are available to provide injections. You do not need to be a patient of either practitioner; however, there is some basic paperwork to fill out before you can receive this treatment. Please contact the office for more details.
Benefits of B12 (Methylcobalamin)
- Energy and stamina
- Weight loss, boost in metabolism, decrease in appetite
- Better mood, eases feelings of anxiousness and depression
- Deeper Sleep
- Mental Clarity
- Balances Immune System
- Supports Cardiovascular Health
- Optimizes thyroid function
Benefits of B6 (Pyridoxine)
Known as the “mood vitamin” because it balances mood swings, depression, anxiety, attentional issues
- Helps metabolism to better to maximize energy and nutrients from food
- Balancing to female hormones (especially if taking any hormones)
- Preventative for heart disease
- Helps normalize cholesterol
- Improves libido
- Effective treatment for morning sickness
- Deficiency linked with schizophrenia, autism, irritability, epilepsy, acne, and arthritis.
- Clinical studies have shown benefits of B6 in treating carpel tunnel syndrome, asthma, endometriosis, premenstrual syndrome, edema, atherosclerosis, acne, Attention deficit disorder, schizophrenia, depression
Benefits of Glutathione (GSH)
- GSH is a protein made of 3 amino acids that protects every cell, tissue and organ from toxic free radicals and disease
- Aids liver in detoxification
- Optimizes detoxification
- Boosts immune system
- Can help mitigate side effects of chemotherapy
- Helps boost male fertility
- Anti-aging properties
- Anti-oxidant, particularly effective in liver, lungs and intestines