Start off the spring season with a clear mind and relaxed body! Join Dr. Nicola for a peaceful weekend of resetting limiting beliefs, conscious movement and self connection at Chipeta Lodge in Ridgway, CO. Registration ends May 1, 2017. Class size is limited! Please call the office for any further questions at (970)426-1684.
Perhaps recent events have challenged your sense of belonging. Maybe tragedies around the world have left you feeling too numbed to know how to help. You want to do something but you don’t how to…respond.
RESPOND is a day of free classes featuring a sampler platter of methods, tools, and topics to enhance awareness and action in service to a more socially, environmentally and economically just community.
Download a PDF of the poster: respond-poster
Open forums where the providers, insurers, and receivers of healthcare can all communicate together are rare. That’s why CHAC’s Annual Meeting (along with all of it’s events and meetings throughout the year) are so vital! Let your voice, your ideas, your concerns be hears this Friday!
Here are the details:
CHAC (Community Health Action Coalition) holds its Annual Meeting, Friday, Jan. 13, 8-9:30 a.m., at the Durango Recreation Center.
All community members are invited to share thoughts and priorities going forward concerning local health care. No RSVP. Additional information: CHACLaPlata.org.
Pura Vida is proud to present our latest artist on display: Susan B. Wise!
Susan’s breathtaking, dynamic abstract art will grace our walls now through February 2017. Please come by to appreciate the artistry while sipping a warm cup of tea.
Many of the works currently on display convey the pelagic ebb and flow of the sea, while others transport you to liminal spaces of wonder.
You can learn more about Susan on her website: http://www.2xwise.com/susanwise/index.html.
Here’s some exciting news!
NPScript provides our clients a quick, convenient means for ordering trusted, quality supplements online. Not only can they deliver right to your front door, but also, they can automatically resend the supplements you use most. That way you never run out!
Not enough icing on the holiday cake?
Now through the end of 2016, NPScript is offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders of any amount!
Beginning in 2017, orders of $50 or more will continue to receive FREE Economy Shipping (3-6 days). Orders of $250 or more will continue to receive FREE shipping on rush orders (3-day air).
To place your order, visit https://npscript.com/puravidahealthcare. New account code word: durangowellness.
- 5½ cups peeled and small-cubed sweet potatoes (about 2 large sweet potatoes)
- 1 egg (for vegan version, substitute – 1 tablespoon chia seeds and 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs of your choice or fresh herbs if you have them
- 4 cloves oven roasted garlic
- ½ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Be sure to measure out exactly 5½ cups of sweet potato cubes. Steam the sweet potato cubes in a steamer or over the stove for 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Whisk egg (for the vegan version add the chia seeds and water to a small bowl, whisk with a fork, and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to create a chia egg.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add the steamed sweet potatoes to a large mixing bowl and mash them.
- Add in the egg or chia egg, oat flour, almond meal, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, basil, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt, and chili flakes. Stir together until combined.
- Line the pan of your choice with parchment paper. Scoop the sweet potato mixture onto the parchment paper and use a spatula to spread it into a large circle on the pan. This process takes 5 minutes or so, so be patient as you’re smoothing out the crust.
- Pop the pan in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until the crust is set and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the crust from the oven and let cool.
- Add desired toppings (e.g., pureed squash and sautéed kale with mushrooms in my case!) and return the pan to the oven and broil for 5 minutes.
- Slice, serve, and refrigerate leftovers.